Public Works and Engineering Review

Permits Required

Public Works Permit: for connecting to, repairing, or constructing public utilities such as water, sewer, storm drainage, or City owned streets; including curbs, gutters, and sidewalks.

Right of Way Permit: for any work being done in the public right-of-way within the City. Utilities with franchises in Estacada are required to apply for a Utility Permit, in lieu of a right-of-way permit.

Utility Permits: are required if you are a franchise utility working within the Right-of-Way or Public Easement. No fee is required with repair and maintenance of franchise utilities.


Your pre-application conference will determine if a traffic study or other requirements are needed.

Once you have obtained your Planning approval, a Public Works Permit is required for all public utilities and work in the public right-of-way.

  • 3 sets of plans are required for submittal along with the fees outlined below.
  • 2 copies of the Stormwater Report.
  • 2 copies of structural calculations for engineered walls and a copy of the engineer’s estimate for public infrastructure improvements.

It is a goal of the Building department to review the set of plans within three weeks and return them with comments to the applicant’s representative. The total plan review process usually takes several weeks and once completed, the Public Works Permit can be issued and site-work can commence.


Upon submittal of the permit fee, a Performance Bond for 150% of the engineer estimate and submittal of required insurance forms are required.

Plan Review: 4% of Engineer’s estimate

Inspections are made by a request to the City Engineering Division. An approved Traffic Control Plan, in conformance with Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices practices, is required for work within the right-of-way.