What is This Project?
The City is updating its Transportation System Plan (TSP) to promote safety, mobility, and accessibility for people using all modes of travel to get around in Estacada. This project web page will be updated regularly with information about the process, a schedule of project events, and project documents as they are developed. Sign up to receive regular email updates about the project.
Contact the project team to request interpretation services or other accommodations for public meetings and materials. Comuníquese con el equipo del proyecto para solicitar servicios de interpretación u otras adaptaciones para reuniones públicas y materiales.
We want to hear from you!
Share photos and/or comments about transportation issues in Estacada through our Feedback page.
About the Project
The City and ODOT are updating Estacada’s TSP, which is the transportation element of the City’s Comprehensive Plan. An updated TSP will guide how we develop and invest in our transportation system to meet the current and future needs of Estacada and surrounding areas. This process will help determine which projects, policies, and programs are important to protecting and enhancing the quality of life in the City of Estacada, and that may receive funding over the next 20 years. The last complete update of Estacada’s TSP was in 2007. While parts have been updated in 2011, 2016, and 2018, much remains out-of-date and does not reflect recent public input, population growth, development activity, and land use planning.
The project will:
- Expand transportation options within the City’s Urban Growth Boundary
- Respond to population growth, changing land use patterns, and community priorities
- Identify and address the range of needs and preferences in historically underrepresented groups
- Promote environmental sustainability and economic vitality
- Remove barriers to equitable outcomes for all community members
- Identify opportunities to reduce public and private costs
The TSP update process will take about 20 months to complete, with adoption hearings anticipated to occur around the end 2023. The days and times for project meetings and events will be posted to the project website as they get closer, and at our Upcoming Meetings Page.
The process of updating the City’s TSP will involve gathering information and ideas from residents, business owners, visitors, and other stakeholders in the city. The project team is committed to fair treatment and meaningful involvement of the public. There are many opportunities to participate. The TSP update will be successful to the degree that it reflects the visions and values of the City of Estacada. That means we need to hear from you!
How to Stay Involved?
Join the Interested Parties list to be notified of new project documents and upcoming meetings.
Review the draft documents in our Supporting Documents and send us your comments.
Attend the public events. In-person and online Community Workshops will be held at two times during the project (see the Project Schedule in the Supporting Documents below). These events offer a great opportunity for everyone to talk to City staff and consultants about the project, review information, and provide input. In addition, all project meetings with the City’s Diversity and Equity Inclusion Committee, the TSP Stakeholder Group, and City Council briefings will be open to the public. Materials presented at the public events will be posted to this website, as appropriate.
For more information about the project or to request Spanish translation or other accommodations to help you participate in this process, please contact the City’s Planning Division:
Activities & Events
Since the beginning of the TSP update project in early summer of 2022, the City has engaged with the public through a number of activities and events, including:
- 9 one-on-one stakeholder interviews
- 4 interviews specifically with residents experiencing mobility &/or accessibility issues
- A youth engagement event in collaboration with AntFarm
- A youth-oriented survey & info sheet posted at the middle and high schools
- 2 Community Workshop / Open House events at City Hall, with online components (more details below)
- 2 online surveys aligned with the Community Workshops
- Informational flyers and water bill inserts
- Quarterly email updates to project subscribers
- Project updates and information provided at quarterly What’s Up, Estacada! events.
The scope of the project was initially established in early 2021 to include 4 meetings with the project Stakeholder Group, the City’s Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee, and City Council are scheduled throughout the project, in addition to 3 additional meetings with the Infrastructure Committee. The City also incorporated the new Traffic & Public Safety Committee into the existing project schedule by holding joint meetings with City Council.
- DEI Committee Meeting #1 – June 2022 – TSP Community Profile
- Stakeholder Group Meeting #1 – July 2022 – Intro, Outreach & Goals
- City Council Briefing #1 – July 2022 – TSP Update
- Stakeholder Group Meeting #2 – September 2022 – Progress; Conditions & Gaps
- DEI Committee Meeting #2 – October 2022 – TSP Check In
- City Council Briefing #2 – October 2022 – TSP Update
- Infrastructure Committee – March 2023 – TSP Update
- DEI Committee Meeting #3 – April 2023 – TSP Check
- Infrastructure Committee – April 2023 – TSP Update
- Stakeholder Group Meeting #3 – April 2023 – Progress, Funding, Alternatives, and Solutions
- City Council Briefing #3 – April 2023 – Recommendations & Prioritization
- City Council + Traffic & Public Safety Committee Joint Workshop – May 2023 – TSP Update
- Infrastructure Committee – June 2023 – TSP Update
- DEI Committee Meeting #4 – October 2, 2023 – TSP Draft
- Stakeholder Group Meeting #4 – October 17, 2023 – TSP Draft
- City Council & Planning Commission Joint Briefing – October 23, 2023 – TSP Draft
- Planning Commission Hearing – November 15, 2023 – TSP Draft Adoption Recommendation
- City Council Hearing – December 11, 2023 – TSP Draft Adoption
Two Community Workshops were conducted to offer the public an opportunity to talk with City staff and consultants about the project and provide input. Online versions of each open house were made available for those unable to attend the in-person events.TSP Interested Parties Sign Up TSP Comment
- Transportation System Plan (PDF) (October 2023 draft)
- Project Schedule (JPEG)
- Public & Stakeholder Involvement Strategy (PDF)
- Goals and Objectives Memo (PDF)
- Conditions and Gaps Memo (PDF)
- Project Alternatives Memo (PDF)
- Regulatory Solutions Memo (PDF)
- Financial Forecast Memo (PDF)
- Financially Constrained Transportation System Memo (DOCX)