The City of Estacada has created an Urban Renewal District to encourage economic vitality and livability while ensuring that future development preserves and enhances the eclectic character of the community.
The purpose of the Agency is to use the tools provided by urban renewal to promote private investment and facilitate the Area’s redevelopment in a manner that is consistent with the City’s long term planning and development objectives. These tools include tax increment financing, which generally means that the property taxes resulting from growth in property value within the Area can be used to finance improvement projects and programs.
What types of projects are proposed for the District?
- Central Business District streetscape improvements & pedestrian facilities
- Highway 224 gateway improvements
- Area-wide street pavement improvements
- Public parking
- Water and sewer system improvements
- Riverfront pedestrian, bicycle and public recreational facilities
- Public restrooms
- Building revitalization grant/loan program
- New Business Development grant/loan program
The Agency’s Board of Directors has the same membership as the City Council.Small Grant Program Large Grant Program
Urban Renewal Adopted Budget (PDF)
2023 Urban Renewal Adopted Budget (PDF)
Renewal Plan (PDF)
Renewal District Map (PDF)
Urban Renewal Audit – Financial Statements (PDF)
Renewal Agency Audited Financials 2021-2022 (PDF)
Renewal Strategic Plan 2015 (PDF)
Report accompanying Urban Renewal Plan (PDF)
Estacada Downtown & Riverside Area Plan (PDF)
Urban Renewal Annual Report 2020-2021 (PDF)
Urban Renewal Annual Report 2021-2022 (PDF)