The Parks & Recreation Commission meets the fourth Wednesday of the month, 5:00 p.m. at City Hall Council Chambers.
The Commission consists of 5 members appointed by the Mayor with consent of the City Council. At least 2 of the members must be residents of the city. A non-resident member must reside within the boundaries of the Estacada School District.
The mission of the City of Estacada’s Parks and Recreation Commission is to enhance the quality of life of all residents of Estacada by promoting diverse leisure and recreational opportunities; proactively planning, and developing and maintaining quality parks by commission members with a passion for parks and recreation.
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the city council and planning commission on the location, service areas, siting, standards, class, numbers and needs for existing and future parks within the community.
- Identify desirable future park locations consistent with established plans and standards.
- Explore the feasibility of meeting community park and recreation needs through consolidating grounds and programs with local school.
- To identify park acquisition and development priorities and recommend methods of financing.
- To survey recreation and leisure time needs and recommend the roles the city should or ought to pursue in meeting such needs.
- To serve in an advisory capacity to such commissions or committees as now exist or may hereafter be established, when matters under consideration relate to the park and recreation function.
Parks & Recreation Committee Members
|Vincent Bellomo (Chair)||3/31/24||City||Parks & Recreation|
|Cr. Charity Hughes - Council Liaison|
- Parks and Recreation Meeting
Wed, Oct 25 2023, 5pm
Deputy City Recorder