This program is designed to subsidize the design and construction of new development or comprehensive redevelopment projects in the Urban Renewal Area.
For full program guidelines and application, please download the PDF, or visit City Hall for a hard copy.
- Target projects are those that will add considerable new assessed value.
- Up to $100,000* available in Fiscal Year 21-22 (July 1 – June 30)
- Minimum Project Cost: $50,000 (Small-scale projects should apply for the Small Grant Program)
- EURA reimburses up to 50% of eligible project costs
Speculative development or “build-to-suit” can be approved, but the application should be accompanied by a strong marketing plan or lease agreement/letter of intent, as appropriate.
Projects should accomplish one or more of the goals listed below. Projects that do not have a clear or direct connection to these goals may be funded at a lower level or not at all.
- Have great potential to grow taxable/assessed values, especially through comprehensive redevelopment and new development projects (required)
- Add pedestrian-oriented amenities
- Visually enhance the business district
- Create downtown residences
- Convert/create upper-floor space for occupancy
- Fill vacancies
- Attract/accommodate new pedestrian-oriented businesses, especially retail and businesses open after 5 p.m.
- Create jobs
- Preserve historic architecture
*depending on availability. Grants greater than $100,000 may be considered for high-impact projects. Contact staff to inquire.