This program is designed to help offset the costs of “incremental” building improvements within the Urban Renewal Area.
For full program guidelines and application, please download the PDF below, or visit City Hall for a hard copy.
- Up to $30,000 available in Fiscal Year 2021-22 (July 1 through June 30)
- Maximum Grant: $10,000 per project/per year
- EURA reimburses up to 50% of eligible project costs
Projects should accomplish one or more of the goals listed below. Projects that do not have a clear or direct connection to these goals may be funded at a lower level or not at all.
- Grow taxable/assessed values, especially through new development projects (not required)
- Add pedestrian-oriented amenities
- Visually enhance the building and business district
- Create downtown residences
- Convert/create upper-floor space for occupancy
- Fill vacancies
- Attract/accommodate new pedestrian-oriented businesses, especially retail and businesses open after 5:00 p.m.
- Create jobs
- Preserve historic architecture