SalaryPay Range is $18-23/hour.
We are looking for an Outdoor Crew Lead!
This position is responsible for leading a youth crew through training and support, managing community and/or public land projects, modeling and empowering a respectful and professional team, and understanding, handling, and maintaining tools and equipment safely. We help and support community members with lawn/land clean up and maintenance, wood pick up and deliveries, and other outdoor projects. Must be able to connect with youth and give direction. You will be driving a van with your team to the job sites each day. Must be available weekends. Weekly schedule dependent on the job and season but will usually be Wednesdays through Sundays.
A successful Outdoor Lead will:
- Be patient, compassionate, respectful, and mature with a high level of integrity
- Be able to lead a team of up to 5 youth
- Be able to work in all weather conditions
- Maintain professional appearance
- Have a strong work ethic
- Preferably (but not necessarily) have a landscaping background, small engine experience, experience backing trailers, and chainsaw certified.
This position will join a strong community based organization with personal and professional support that develops independent and creative thinking. AntFarm is a great environment for learning including career and professional development. Our operations are established in sustainable and progressive practices. Position wages are commensurate with responsibilities and experience, and full time employees are eligible for health benefits.