Book and Materials Donation Policy
The Estacada Library thanks you for considering a donation to our collection or book sale. We accept donations of books and other materials that will either be added to the library’s collection based on need or added to the Chapter Two book sale area in the library. Because donated materials may be added to the collection or sold, we prefer that they be gently used and in condition suitable for sale. All proceeds from the Library’s Chapter Two book sale (which also includes, DVDs, audiobooks, compact discs and more) go directly to fund library programs and services. We request that donations meet certain guidelines:
We Do Accept:
- Materials in very good condition
- New hardback and paperback books
- Recent non-fiction hardback books
- Children’s books in very good condition
- DVDs, CDs, puzzles (no missing pieces)
If you have items that do not meet the above criteria, please recycle them or donate to charities.
We Do Not Accept:
- VHS tapes, cassette audiobooks or vinyl records
- Textbooks or encyclopedias
- Collections such as Readers’ Digest compilations
- Materials in poor condition: Old, stained, moldy, browned, dirty, torn, incomplete content, foul-smelling
We reserve the right to refuse any donations. If we cannot accept your donation, your options are:
Drop off paperbacks at the Estacada Recycling Station, hardbacks at the Sandy Transfer Station or KB Recycling in Clackamas.
- Donation receipts are available on request. If you have questions about what donations the library will accept, call (503) 630-8273.